March 2021 Ambassador Update
This month we are ready to release our improved noise cancellation algorithm to increase accuracy in voice capturing! Finally, after several months of programming, you can now download it from the app as an over-the-air update to your Ambassador devices. Also, we have a few other app changes and updates to mention. Keep reading ...
Ambassador Interpreter Updates
For iOS / Apple phones and tablets, please update your app to version 1.3.0.
Also, please update the firmware on your Ambassador Interpreter devices to v19.10.
(all feature released for iOS; Android updates will be released soon)
- First and foremost, our improved noise cancellation algorithm is now released. This will increase accuracy in voice capturing and remove voice contamination from people talking loudly nearby. It should improve the translation accuracy for most users. Please navigate to the Settings page > Firmware update and update to version 19.10.
- In Listen and Lecture mode, you can now switch the languages from within the session, where previously a user would need to exit the entire session just to switch to a new language.
- A user will also receive a confirmation when exiting a session, just to make sure someone doesn’t exit a session before they intend to.
- The language of the app can be changed from within the Settings page.
- We’ve added notifications alerts and badges within the Homepage and Settings page, so you can be alerted to new features and updates more easily.
- Lastly, we’ve also added accessibility improvements for the visually impaired to support VoiceOver (iOS).
Upcoming / Next Month:
(the following features and improvements will be released in the next few weeks)
- We are still planning to re-implement “continuous translation”, which is a feature in Converse mode that will continue translating everything spoken without having to use the Click-to-Talk button in between sentences. For the time being users still need to use the Click-to-Talk button when speaking in Converse mode between guests, but we expect to enable “continuous mode” again in the next few weeks. We’re still refining this and we will add it back into the user flow once the software patch is complete.
Future Product Roadmap
Our advanced features are coming soon, like saved transcripts, and virtual environments for remote conferencing. Also our version of digital translations for TV, film, radio, etc, will go into beta testing soon. We’ll keep everyone updated on the progress.
Thanks everyone for all of your questions and feedback, and we’ll be sure to include your ideas and needs into future updates. As always, you can reach us directly at email@example.com.
Waverly Labs Team